Hokky Fish Food Wheat Germ (Medium)
5 mm pellet
4 months to mature
Based on Japanese formulation for color and health enhancing properties, HOKKY is a range of premium feed for ornamental fish, imported Koi, Flower Horn fish and turtles.
Bulk packaging: 6 packs/carton.
HOKKY FISH FOOD for Koi is a specialized series feed for breeding and rearing Koi in a tropical environment. Using high quality proteins and advanced manufacturing processes, our formulas are regularly tested in live ponds to ensure that feed performance is consistent with local and imported breeds.
Key features for HOKKY FISH FOOD WHEAT GERM:
- Low fat diet for ideal body shape
- Wheat germ added for high digestibility
- Enhances immune system during seasonal changes
- No artificial color and prevents water pollution
- Protein: 32%
- Fat: 3%
- Fiber: 3%
- Moisture: 10%
- Ash: 12%
|Age of Koi||Length (cm)||Number of Koi||Pond size||Pellet size||Quantity||Frequency/ day|
|<5 months||<20 cm||15 - 20||2 m x 2 m||Small (3 mm)||25 grams||twice|
|>6 months||20 – 30 cm||10 - 15||2 m x 2 m||Medium (5 mm)||25 grams||twice|
|Large (7 mm)|
|> 2 years||40 cm||5 -10||2 m x 2 m||Large (7 mm)||25 grams||3 times|
- Best used as a daily feed for Koi taking part in competition or exhibition.
- For under 2 years, you may increase the feeding to 3 times daily especially when the Koi experience changes in their environment or if you are using an outdoor pond.
- Do not throw in all the required feed at once but scatter into the water little by little. Surface feeding fish such as Koi will avoid pellets that are soaked, and when uneaten pellets decompose, they cause water pollution. Scattering feed in batches also increases emotional bonding between feeder and the fish.
- Check your filter system daily before or after each feeding to avoid the build-up of ammonia and other harmful pollutants.